Sporting Saint is now manufacturing and supplying placeboards to help with your gundog training.
We are delighted to be working in association with Ian and Wendy Openshaw of RYTEX Gundogs http://rytexgundogs.co.uk/ with the Placeboards and DVD's. To find out more about Ian and Wendy Openshaw please click the link . Thank you.
NEW! (2nd DVD) - Coming very soon!
This Advanced Placeboard film will show you what Team Rytex have learnt over the last six years training dogs at the Rytex kennels on placeboards.Watch and learn valuable lessons; where to stand around the placeboard when sending and delivery, get your dog keen for retrieving before using a placeboard, how to use a short lead on the placeboard for full control over your dog during training. Team Rytex show you and share lots of useful placeboard training tips.
- The placeboard
- Placeboard postions
- Tools of the trade
- Solve burying problems
- Encourage keenness
- Preparation for the placeboard
- Introdution to the placeboard
- Solve lack of concentration
- Right & wrong on the placeboard
- Holding the dummy
- Encourage dog to focus
- Dave’s burying problem solved
- Lesson with Jay & Hope
- Make sure boards are stable
- More work on the placeboards
- Final preparation on the placeboard
- Don’t take your eyes off the area
- Exercises in the field
Running Time 75 mins
Filmed and produced by Paul French Video
Train the Openshaw Way! (1st DVD)
- The placeboards are supplied in matching pairs, but the DVD demonstrates 4 Placeboards being used
- Placeboard Training makes your dog focus and concentrate on you.
- A focused dog makes retrieving more positive resulting in a basically trained dog at a much earlier age
- Approx size 24" x 15" x 3.5"
The working and training of your dog with Placeboards is demonstrated in the DVD featuring Ian Openshaw. The DVD features include -
- The placeboard
- Puppy training 8 - 12 weeks
- Spliting the placeboards
- Delivery on a placeboard
- Steadiness on placeboard
- Using placeboards with a check cord
- Introduction at 8 months
- A clients problem on the placeboard
- How to place the boards
- Beginning of advance work
- Advance lesson on placeboards
- The end result on a placeboard
- Using a placeboard inside
- Filmed and produced by Paul French Video
- Running Time 76 mins