Designed and Tested by Gundog Trainer Ben Randall of Beggarbush Gundogs (BG)
Exclusively available from Sporting Saint
BG Scent Training Ball - explained by Ben
Two Sizes Available
- The Rabbit Skin makes this a perfect tool to stimulate a scent line when training
- The weight and balance allows the ball to travel good distances on hard ground/down hills to create a rabbit scent line from the fall/seat of the rabbit.
- Can be used with dogs of all abilities and is a great training tool to encourage young dogs to take lines
- A great way to encourage dogs to retrieve if game or scent motivated
- Small approx. 4.1 " including rabbit skin. Approx. 290g in weight so the ball really does travel well and at a good speed when thrown!
- Large approx. 5" including rabbit skin. Approx. 500g
- The BG Scent Training Ball is larger and heavier than the Sporting Saint Rabbit Ball.
Due to the weight and material, the ball bounces well on hard ground further increasing the level of marking importance but also creating a better scent line with the rabbit skin. The Ball also sinks deep into thick grass, making marking so much more important
Why use the heavier BG Scent Training Ball?
- Increases distance it roll’s / travelling along the ground creating a longer scent line, especially downhills.
- It also teaches the dogs to carry heavier objects.
- It’s important to get our dogs used to carry all different sizes and weights to always be furthering their training development and experience.
Copyright and Design - Sporting Saint and Ben Randall