Kronch Pemmikan Bar
Sporting Saint is now stocking the 'Kronch Pemmikan Bar'
Winner of the IPC Shooting Industry Awards Best New Gundog Product 2014, the Kronch Pemmikan Bar is a A high energy supplementary feed bar.
Please scroll down to read about the product -
Kronch Pemmikan is comprised mainly of fat, protein and sugar and provides almost instant usable energy in dogs. It has also proved successful in overcoming and preventing the effects of Hypoglycemia in dogs worked under extreme conditions.
Kronch Pemmikan allows you to give your dog large amounts of easily digestible energy from a small volume of feed, without overfilling the dogs stomach and has proved useful in helping dogs recover from bouts of illness and operations.
It is also very good in building up bitches after a litter of puppies.
Why Kronch Pemmikan?
- Kronch Pemmikan is very suitable for hunting dogs and guard dogs, especially in the cold spring and winter months
- Kronch Pemmikan fills your dog with energy, and allows your dog to perform at a constant high level all day long
- It also makes your dog more alert and prevents it from freezing
- Kronch Pemmikan counteracts stress at exhibitions and in similar situations involving long waits, making your dog easier to manage. Show dogs often receive higher scores when fed a piece of Kronch Pemmikan about one hour before it is exhibited.
- 100 to 200 grams per day (depending on the dogs weight and activity level before lunch) is fed to highly active working dogs, such as show dogs, hunting dogs, guard dogs, sled dogs, police dogs, and dogs entered in competitions.
- The effect of Kronch Pemmikan sets in after about half an hour, and reaches its peak after about an hour and a half. Because of this, it may be advantageous to divide the daily ration into many smaller portions. Doing so allows your dog to perform at its best all day long.
- Kronch Pemmikan is suitable for lactating females, that produce too little milk for their young. Feeding lactating females Kronch Pemmikan increases their milk production, and removes the need to bottle feed their puppies later on.
- Kronch Pemmikan also prevents weight loss in lactating females. The lactating female is fed from half a piece to 4 pieces of 50 g on a daily basis. The amount fed depends on the dogs race, size, and the number of puppies it has.
- The daily ration is divided into 3 parts: morning, midday, and evening. It is recommended not to feed the female too many and/or too large portions, as doing so may lead to the female getting loose stools.
- Kronch Pemmikan can also be used to fatten up emaciated dogs.
- Kronch Pemmikan was developed in cooperation with the Sirius Patrol.
- The Sirius Patrol was in need of a highly concentrated yet compact source for energy to feed their sled dogs when on patrol in the arctic Greenland. Many hunters and dog sports people have tested Kronch Pemmikan as an energy supplement in a number of situations. It was found that the dog’s level of performance remained high all day long in demanding and/or stressful situations, such as on hunts, at exhibitions, and during tests.
- Kronch Pemmikan was part of the feeding program on the Sirius Expedition in 2000 and is now used with great success in Fly-Ball, Agility, Herding, Canix, Racing and working, field trialling. A test carried out on six Hypoglycemic dogs in 2012 on the grouse moor proved 100% successful.
Lard, vegetable fat, fish meal, dextrose, corn, barley, brewer’s yeast, rice, sugar and garlic. Kronch Pemmikan contains 24% protein and 59% fat.
Nutritional content per 100g
- Energy 2485 kJ/600 kcal
- Crude protein 24 g
- Crude fat 59 g
- Crude fiber 0,5 g
- Crude ash 6,8 g
- Water 4,1 g
Additives per 100g
- Calcium (Ca) 1,5 g
- Sodium (Na) 0,3 g
- Phosphorus (P) 1,0 g
- Magnesium (Mg) 0,2 g
- Potassium (K) 0,5 g
- Iron (Fe) 0,1 mg
- Zink (Zn) 22,5 mg
- Cobber (Cu) 1,0 mg
- Manganese (Mn) 6,7 mg
- Iodine (I) 0,5 mg
- Cobalt (Co) 0,0 mg
- Selenium (Se) 0,8 mg